Employee Eligibility Update for JobKeeper V2
Instead of finishing at the end of September 2020, the JobKeeper payment will now continue until March 2021. Businesses will have to requalify for each of the December 2020 and March quarters 2021 just like they did when JobKeeper started.
New date for eligible employees
In addition to the period of time that JobKeeper will run for, there was also an adjustment to the commencement date of employees for them to be eligible. Previously an employee had to be employed as at 1 March 2020 to be eligible, but this has now changed to 1 July 2020. Amendments to the JobKeeper 1.0 Rules from 14 August 2020 mean:
- From 3 August 2020, all individuals employed as at 1 July 2020 will need to be re-evaluated for their eligibility for the renewed JobKeeper scheme.
- More employees can qualify including individuals who were employed on 1 July 2020 – see eligible employees
- Employers will need Nomination Notices completed by any newly eligible employees.
- The 12 month test for long-term casuals is now the previous 12 months as at 1 July 2020.
- Employers will add the new employees into the JobKeeper monthly reporting for August 2020 (due 14 September 2020).
For the fortnights commencing on 3 and 17 August 2020 only, the ATO are allowing employers until 31 August 2020 to meet the wage condition for all new eligible employees included in the JobKeeper scheme under the 1 July eligibility test. – see JobKeeper key dates
From 28 September 2020, the payment rate will be reduced as the following:
The reference period for employees regarding their hours worked to determine their tier of payment will be the two fortnightly pay periods prior to 1 March 2020 or 1 July 2020. The period with the higher number of hours is to be used for employees who were eligible at 1 March 2020.
You can enrol for the JobKeeper Payment until the program closes if your circumstances have changed. Check if you are eligible at Enrol for JobKeeper.
Need help with JobKeeper Payment? Talk to us as we can assist you with your application.
JobKeeper Extension: All changes you need to know
The Government has announced changes to JobKeeper Payment including an extension through to 28 March 2021. These changes do not impact JobKeeper payments until after 28 September 2020… Read more.