Last updated: 12 May 2016
1. Collection of Personal Information
The collection of personal, sensitive and confidential information is fundamental to our relationship with our clients. We understand ‘personal information’ to be information or an opinion about an individual or business where their identity is apparent or reasonably ascertainable.
What do we collect?
We only collect personal information about you if you voluntarily provide it to us, including;
• Name and date of birth
• Postal and residential addresses
• Contact information (telephone, facsimile numbers and e-mail addresses)
• Financial information (where relevant to the services we provide)
• Billing and credit card information
• Government issued identifiers (Tax File Numbers, Centrelink and Australian Business Numbers)
How do we collect information?
We may collect personal information in one of the following ways;
• Directly from you (in person)
• Form, over the telephone or facsimile
• Information sent to us through the ‘Contact’ page on our website
• Personal information when using our website or social media platforms
• From authorised representatives and third parties such as regulatory authorities where necessary
2. Storage of Information:
There are a number of places KMT Partners will use to securely store your personal information, including;
• Physical records
• Stored securely on our servers
• In some cases, records will be stored on third party servers domestically and/or overseas
3. Other Information:
We do not generally seek sensitive information. Where we do need to, we will seek your explicit consent to collect and use such information. Sensitive information includes data relating to race or ethnic origin, religious beliefs, criminal record, physical or mental health or sexual orientation.
We may collect and hold data about you and your interaction with KMT Partners including our website and social media platforms;
• Data relating to your activity on our website via tracking technologies such as cookies
• The identity of your Internet browser, the type of operating system you use, your IP address and the domain name of you Internet service provider
• Details of any survey responses you provide
4. What is the purpose for collecting information?
KMT Partners primary objective and motivation to collect information from you is;
• To provide high quality services for you, your family, your business and your wealth
In addition, we collect information;
• To manage our relationships with you and our clients
• To evaluate our services so that we can improve the quality and standard
• To provide you with news and information about changes, events, products or services that may be of interest to you
• To adhere to legal and professional requirements expected of KMT Partners
• To generate statistics and trends
Who may we disclose your information to?
If we collect your information from you, we will do everything we can to let you know who we are disclosing your personal information to. We may be required by law to disclose information or by our professional obligations, as permitted under the APPs and/or with your consent (if required).
Disclosure of information to third parties
Personal information may also be disclosed to other third parties in order to respond to your requests or inquiries, as part of a transaction or service KMT Partner’s provide, or where those parties handle information on our behalf.
Cross-border disclosure of information
We may use and disclose your personal information in jurisdictions other than Australia. We will only do so with your consent or otherwise in compliance with the APPs.
6. Access and Correction:
Who will see or have access to your personal information?
Unless we are required to provide your personal information to others for purposes of public safety and law enforcement, your information will only be seen or used by persons working with us or for us, including our contracted service providers.
Accessing your Personal Information:
You may request access to your personal information by contacting the Privacy Officer. Subject to any legal restrictions we would be happy to advise you what personal information we hold about you if you request this. We will respond to all requests within a reasonable period.
We may charge you a fee to cover the cost of retrieving and processing the information if it requires a significant amount of time to locate or collect your information or to present it in an appropriate form.
We rely on the accuracy of the information you provide to us. If you think that we may hold information about you that is incorrect in any way, please contact us and we will correct any errors.
If we are unable to provide you with access to your information, or make any amendments which you have requested, we will advise you of our reasons.
7. Information Security:
We will take reasonable steps to protect all personal information provided to us from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
All persons at KMT Partners with access to confidential information are subject to confidentiality obligations.
If we no longer need your personal information for any purpose, we will take reasonable steps to destroy the information to ensure it is de-identified.
The Privacy Officer
PO Box 781
KENT TOWN SA 5071
t: +61 8 8431 0022
f: +61 8 8464 5299
We take all complaints seriously, and will respond to your complaint within a reasonable period.
If you believe that we have not adequately handled your complaint, you may complain to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
SYDNEY NSW 2001
t: 1300 363 992
For further information about privacy and the protection of privacy, visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at www.oaic.gov.au.